The château de Médavy
The château de Médavy is a beautiful residence from the 18th century, with a classical architecture inspired by Mansart. It was built on the foundations of a more ancient fortress, as evidenced by the moats and the two imposing towers. The present main building was erected between 1705 and 1724 by Jacques-Léonor Rouxel de Médavy, Marshal of France, and the entire castle was embellished from 1754 to 1789 by Pierre Thiroux de Monregard, farmer-general of the postal service and relays of France.
The indoor tour reveals an elegant staircase, salons decorated with French furniture from the 18th century, portraits reminiscent of the previous owners, such as Countess Thiroux de Monregard, painted by Louis-Michel van Loo. At last, two well-resourced chartrooms contain Spanish chests, along with atlases and globes from the 16th to the 18th centuries.
The intimate and extraordinary Médavy
Aside from the visits and tourist offers, the castle lives every day. The teams are devoted to make it always warmer and more welcoming.