1. Legal notice and privacy policies
Being conscious about individual rights, particularly with regard to automated processing, and in a desire for transparency with its clients, the Château de Médavy has established a policy including all the processing, the intended purposes of said processing, as well as the means of action available to individuals so they can fully exercise their rights.
For additional information on the protection of personal data, please visit the following website: https://www.cnil.fr/
Publisher: Château de Médavy
Located at: Château de Médavy, 61570 Médavy
SIRET number: 02 02 61 947 100 29
Phone: +33 (0)2 33 35 05 09
3. Site host
The chateau-medavy.com website is hosted by 1&1 Internet SARL, which headquarters are located at:
7 place de la Gare
BP 70109 - Sarreguemines Cedex
4. Site access
Access to and use of the website are exclusively reserved for personal use. You agree not to use this website and the information or data included therein for commercial, political and advertising purposes or for any form of sales pressure, including the sending of unsolicited emails.
5. Website content
All brands, photographs, texts, comments, illustrations, pictures (animated or not), video footages, sounds, as well as all the software applications that might be used to operate this website, and more generally all the content reproduced and used on this website, are protected by the current legislation in accordance with intellectual property.
They are the full and exclusive property of the Publisher or their partners. Any reproduction, representation, use or adaptation, in any form whatsoever, of all or part of these elements, including the software applications, is strictly forbidden without the prior written agreement of the Publisher. The Publisher’s decision not to initiate proceedings upon awareness of the unauthorized uses does not constitute acceptance of said uses and waiver of proceedings.
6. Website management
To ensure a good management of the site, the Publisher may at any time:
- suspend, interrupt or limit access to all or part of the website, reserve access to the website or some parts of the website to a specific category of Internet users;
- remove any information that could disrupt its functioning or contravening national or international laws;
- suspend the site in order to perform updates.
The Publisher’s liability cannot be incurred in case of failure, breakdown, difficulty or interruption in operation, preventing access to the website or one of its features.
The hardware you use to connect to the website is under your full responsibility. You must take all necessary measures to protect your hardware and your own data, especially against viral attacks on Internet. You are otherwise solely responsible for the websites and data you consult.
The Publisher shall not be held responsible in case of legal proceedings against you:
- due to the use of the website or any service accessible via the Internet;
- due to your non-compliance with the present general terms and conditions.
The Publisher shall not be liable for damages caused to you, third parties and/or your equipment as a result of your connection to or use of the site and you hereby waive any claim you might have against them.
Should the Publisher be subjected to a court case or friendly settlement due to your use of the website, the former could sue you in order to seek indemnification for damages, losses, convictions or costs which might ensue from said proceedings.
8. Hypertext links
Any placement of hypertext links by the users towards the website or part of the website is strictly forbidden without the prior written authorization of the Publisher.
The Publisher shall be free to refuse such authorization without having to justify their decision in any way. In the event that the Publisher grants permission, such approval shall in all cases be temporary and may be withdrawn at any time, without any obligation of justification from the Publisher.
Any information available from a link to other sites is not under the control of the Publisher. The Publisher has no rights to the content contained in said link.
9. Data collection and protection
Your data is collected by the château de Médavy.
“Personal data” shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to a name, to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to their physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
The personal information collected on the website is primarily used by the Publisher for the management of their relationship with you and, if necessary, the processing of your orders.
The personal data collected are as follows:
- Email address (when subscribing to the newsletter)
- User activity
10. Right of access, correction and dereferencing of your data
In accordance with the legislation applicable to personal data, the users have the following rights:
• right of access: they can exercise their right of access, to know the personal data held concerning them, by writing to the email address below. In this case, prior to the implementation of this right, the Platform may request proof of the user’s identity in order to verify its accuracy;
• right to delete data: the users may request the deletion of their personal data, in accordance with applicable data protection laws;
• right to restrict processing: the users may request the Platform to restrict the processing of their personal data, in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
• right of portability: the users can ask the Platform to give them the personal data they have provided so that they can send them to a new Platform.
If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us at the following address:
Château de Médavy - 61570 Médavy
Or by email:
All requests must be attached with a copy of a signed valid identity document and with an address at which the Publisher will be able to contact the applicant. The reply shall be sent within one month following the receipt of the request. This one-month period may be extended to two months depending on the complexity of the request and/or the number of requests.
In addition, and since the law No 2016-1321 of 7th October 2016, people who so wish have the possibility to organize the fate of their data after their death. Further information on the subject is available on the CNIL website: https://www.cnil.fr/.
The users may also file a complaint to the CNIL (French National Commission on Informatics and Liberty) on the CNIL website.
We recommend that you contact us first before filing a claim to the CNIL as we remain at your full disposition to resolve your problem.
11. Use of data
The personal information is collected from users with the objective of providing the Platform’s services, improving them and maintaining a secure environment. The legal basis of the data processing is the execution of the agreement between the user and the Platform. More precisely, the uses are as follows:
- access to and use of the Platform by the user;
- operation management and optimization of the Platform;
- implementation of user assistance;
- verification, identification and authentication of the data transmitted by the user;
- personalization of services by displaying advertisements based on the user’s browsing history, according to their preferences;
- prevention and detection of frauds, malwares (malicious softwares) and management of security incidents;
- management of potential disputes with users;
- sending of commercial information and advertising material, according to the user’s preferences.
12. Data retention policy
The Platform retains your data for the period of time needed to provide you with its services or with assistance.
To the extent reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory obligations, settle disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or apply terms and conditions, we may also retain certain information as necessary, even after you have closed your account or we no longer need it to provide you with our services.
13. Sharing of personal data with third parties
Personal data may be shared with third-party companies exclusively in the European Union, under the following circumstances:
- when the user publishes publicly available information in the free comment areas of the Platform;
- when the user authorizes a third party’s website to access their data;
- when the Platform contracts with service providers to supply user assistance, advertising and payment services. These providers have limited access to user data as part of the execution of the services and are contractually obliged to use them in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations regarding the protection of personal data;
- if required by law, the Platform may carry out data transmission to address the claims filed against the Platform and comply with the judicial and administrative procedures.
What is a “cookie”?
A “cookie” or tracer is an electronic file deposited on a terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) and read, for example, when consulting a website, reading an e-mail, installing or using a software or a mobile application, regardless of the type of terminal used (source: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-traceurs-que-dit-la-loi).
The website may automatically collect standard information. All information indirectly collected shall only be used to track the volume, the type and the configuration of the traffic on this website, to improve its design and layout and for other administrative and planning purposes, and more generally to improve the services we offer.
As appropriate, the Publisher of the site and/or third-party companies may deposit “cookies” on your device, with your consent. In which case a banner explaining the use of “cookies” will appear when you first browse the website. Before continuing navigation, the client and/or prospect shall accept or reject the use of said “cookies.” The consent given shall be valid for a period of thirteen (13) months
This website contains the following cookies:
- Google Analytics: measures the website’s audience;
- Google Tag Manager: facilitates the implementation of tags on the pages and helps manage Google tags.
The lifespan of these cookies is 13 months.
15. Photographs and representation of products
The photographs of products, along with their description, are not contractual and are not binding on the Publisher.
16. Applicable legislation
17. Contact us
For any question, information on the products displayed on the website, or regarding the website itself, you may send a message to the following address: email@example.com